Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Viburnum x bodnantense 'Dawn'

Here's the picture of the viburnum I promised. Isn't it just the best pink. They seem to stay out forever and aren't much bothered by frost or unseasonable hot weather. The flowers are heavy textured and waxy, but at the same time very delicate. Most of my other viburnums are white, though some have pink buds. This is a fairly tall shrub, probably about 10 feet and about as wide. It will sometimes root where a stem touches the ground, so I keep it pruned up a bit to keep it in one place.
Tomorrow, the spring corydalis.
Jane

2 comments:

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Hi Jane .. I have one of the white flowered types .. the flower structure is pretty, but this colour is gorgeous .. I'd like one too please ! : )

Jennifer AKA keewee said...

I like this pink Viburnum. such delicate little flowers.