Awhile back I found an old metal bed frame in the barn. I decided it would make a lovely display piece for my handmade baskets that I sell at the nursery. It was painted pink and purple then, but the paint had faded and there was some rust starting to show. When I was at the hardward store last week I picked up a can of paint to redo it, medium green. This is a lot brighter than the color on the can would have led me to believe, but I do think I like it. I don't have as much time to making baskets any more, so I'm just going to use it for plants.
Next project is to find a better way to keep the deer out. Midafternoon yesterday I went out and hear something in the sales area. Thinking we had unexpected customers (since we were closed) I walked over and there were two very large deer about to munch yet more hostas. They took off and I did my best to close up the space where they came in. My barrier has not yet been knocked down, so maybe I scared them enough to keep them out for awhile. I can hope.