Thursday, May 7, 2009

One Fish, Two Fish ...

Just the time of the year when I have sooooo much to write about in the garden I have soooo little time to write. Yesterday was a very early trip to town for provisions and then home to try and get something done before the rains came. And they did come. We are pretty well caught up on rain, at least for the last few weeks, but we got another 1.75 inches yesterday between about 2 and 6. A bit more than we really needed. I took advantage of the time to get all of the paperwork done for the orders which I should have started shipping last week, but didn't because all of the daylily beds were too wet to dig into yet. Hopefully I'll be able to finally start to ship next week.
The picture is one I took to send to my kids who I'd told about my newly redecorated water plant holder but kept forgetting to take a picture of. I needed something where people could see the plants without walking all over the 10 acres to the different ponds. I've not gotten it all stocked up yet, but we're getting there. It is just an old freezer that didn't work any more. Freezers are a pain to get rid of, especially one this old and heavy, so I was trying to find a new use for it. This seems to work just fine. Last fall I painted it green and got the outlines and backgrounds of the fish, and a few weeks ago I got the details put in. I'm going to continue the story on the other side - if it ever stops raining. There are plenty more Dr. Seuss fish to go...
Jane

1 comment:

Jennifer AKA keewee said...

That is a great use for an old freezer. I have recycled two old metal file drawers into a raised bed.