Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Sunrise in the hollow

Sunrises and sunsets are something we don't get to see that much of down in the hollow.  It's a trade off, I know.  We get less wind and a bit of protection from storms, a bit cooler temperatures in the summer (though colder in the winter) and just that cozy feeling of being surrounded by hills.  Sometimes, things work just right and we do get some prettiness in the morning or evening - not actually seeing the sun rise or set, but rather the colors it tints the sky, or like in these photos, lighting up the tips of the trees on the hill just beyond the first pasture.  I wish the photos looked as good as it did in person - good enough for me to be out in my pajamas taking pictures before breakfast in the cold.  Did I say how much I love my hollow?  After over  20 years here, I can't imagine ever wanting to live anywhere else.




No comments: