Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Iris pseudacorus




This is Iris pseudacorus 'Turnipseed', one of the water irises that are blooming now. Pictures of all of the smaller ponds will come tomorrow, I hope. I did get them taken, but they have to be resized before I post them and I just haven't had the time. We had a lovely visit with a garden club from Meigs County yesterday evening and between and inch and a half of rain and getting ready for the visitors, I haven't been near the computer enough to get them done, so today we can just look at some of the plants growing in the ponds.

OK, I still haven't figured out how to get the pictures to end up in the right places. Now 'Turnipseed' is the second picture (make that 3rd picture) and Pseudacorus species is on the top.

I'll add a few more pictures and see what happens.
Well, I guess I could have figured out what would happen. The top picture now is Pseudacorus 'King Clovis' is the top picture. This is a larger flower on even taller scapes.
I think I'll quite for now so I don't have to keep explaining the changing order of the pictures. Again, if anyone can tell me how to intersperse pictures with writing, I'd appreciate it, especially before I try to post 8 or 10 pond pictures.
Thanks,
Jane






No comments: